The lovely,or perhaps not so lovely before shot.

Wish I could take credit for this part but this was all Jess...so cute!
This photo really doesn't show it very well but the branches above the "sofa" are suspended by fishing line. It has a really cool three dimensional effect in the room with hanging butterflies and felt leaves for some whimsy. Also, the frames to the right were all picked up at a thrift store for 5o cents each and then painted lime to match the other walls. The old crib was something that had sentimental value and so instead of storing it in the garage we brought it in and positioned it in the corner as a "reading nook". Eventually the legs will be cut down slightly to accomodate little one's seating and look less like a crib.
Don't you just love these flowers on the wall (velcroed). Totally copied the idea from a pottery barn catalog but still love it. Another unique twist is the bed skirts which are made out of pieces of tulle fabric and tied to the bedframe. Attached are tulle butterflies. Underneath the bed is a "playhouse" of sorts so this worked out very well for the girls who are crawling in and out frequently.
Well, I think that's it on this one...and can I just say it was so fun thinking in pink!
1 comment:
Wow!! I love it! It looks SOO much better than before! I'm gonna have to get you out to my house once I'm back!!
Post a Comment