Ever have a hard time deciding which photos to hang where or have hard time combining different types of frames? I think this is a great way to display a variety of favorite photos without going overboard on the wall. For these collages I used modge podge and applied it to the back of the photos as well as to old canvas' and a wooden box. I painted the outside edges with some brown craft paint as well to sort of unify the three since they all vary in thickness and size. I love how they turned out against my new burnt orange wall (autumn ridge is the official name of the color, although my son insists the color is called "red brown"). I bought the paint two years ago and unfortunately they no longer carry it but luckily can match my existing color since I have a little left over to finish the rest of the hallway.
Here's a closer look at one of them...I think the hardest part was deciding where to put each photo...so many possibilities!
5 comments:
That looks fantastic! I can't wait to come over & see it.
that looks really cute and modern!
k i love this!!!
Can I just say that there is no end to your talents! Oh my gosh, I wish you'd come and help me find cheap stuff and teach me how to make it cute. I love the dinosaur mural. I can't believe you free handed that. You're amazing!
Way way cool. Great idea!
Post a Comment