Who doesn't love what lighting can do for a space? Lately I've been having some fun creating and fixing up these pieces...this shot below is a chandelier I picked up at a yard sale for $1, that's right, ONE DOLLAR! My good friend Alyssa had just learned she was going to have a baby GIRL (her first) and was on the hunt for one. Every little girl needs a princess room, right?

Here's what it looks like spray painted black in the soon to be nursery! I love the bling garland Alyssa added, she is so creative and incidently is sharing a booth with me at the craft fair this weekend. She creates the most beautiful jewelry...stay tuned this week for a peak at her talent and what you can expect to see for sale on saturday from her.

These lamps are some I will be selling this weekend at the craft fair. I hope to have a couple more finished but time is ticking and, well, we'll just have to see I guess. I picked up all of these at thrifts (including the shades), and have painted them and given them a second life so to speak. I still have to finish some of the shades as you can see :), but you get the idea.

Here's a close up of this shade. The fabric is velvet and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have a feeling I will find a use for this on something else as well.

Here's the other one. My friend told me she had seen some shades done like this and I love the shabby look this gives...so fun! Reminds me of my rag garland I did last year for my Christmas tree :)

Well, if you want to see more I'll see you saturday (I'll be in the hallway) :) How's that for a tease?
1 comment:
You are so stinkin' talented! Love this blog! Love what you do. Come fix my house decor! barb
Post a Comment