I have taken off the last couple of weeks with regard to furniture fix ups. The break has been nice, I have to admit, but with three new jobs (work for other people) ahead of me I will be back at it this week and with the craft fair in one week I am starting to stress a bit! The last couple of weeks I have been busy canning with my mother. I am so thankful to live close enough to her to do things like this and I still have so much to learn from her! We did apple pie filling last week and this week canned a tomato soup base which I just love. Anyway I am still in the process of embellishing the jars so that I can give them as "Apple Crisp" sets. One jar holds the filling, the other holds the crumble topping ingredients. I think they will be perfect for neighborly Christmas gifts this year and Better Homes and Gardens make the cutest jar caddies I plan to use with these. I think canning is one more reason to enjoy this time of year!
2 comments:
what a cute idea! and it looks so yummy too!
Canning is only fun when you can do it with your mom/sister/friend... Otherwise... its just more work! lol... Can you tell I've done too much already this summer? And I still have more to do! Cute idea!
Post a Comment