Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Black OR White.

I am excited to share a couple of projects I have been working on for others with you. I have been losing sleep over the many projects I have undertaken and still not finished...well tonight I will be sleeping better :)
FOR CANDACE: The real work on this cabinet was peeling (or scraping with a razor blade) the layers of contact paper on the top surface. NOT FUN! Anyhow, I primed it and then painted it black and distressed the edges, then replaced the hardware with something a bit more traditional, then waxed the whole thing. (It's going in a little boys room for added storage.)


FOR KRISTEN: Here is the desk I picked up for $10 at a yard sale a few weeks back. It was missing the matching hardware on one of the drawers so I decided to make the bottom drawers little cubbies for baskets instead.


I painted it white and distressed it just a bit, then painted the hardware rubbed oil bronze and inserted pieces of bead board in the bottom cubbies for added charm. To finish it off I again applied wax..loving the wax people! I am really pleased with how this one turned out and will be sad to let this one go :( FYI: it's going to be used as a vanity table in a little girls room with a bright yellow mirror above)


Oh, and here's what is coming up next. My childhood friend Shay just delivered this beaut into my hands this past week. I can't wait to get going on it! Hint: In time I think you will really like it!

Have a great weekend!
I'm partying at:http://www.decormamma.blogspot.com, http://www.missmustardseed.blogspot.com and http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Adele said...

I am so in love with that desk!!! Love the cubby idea and the bead board... LOVE it!! Beautiful... as usual!

Me said...

That desk looks beautiful! Rubbed Oil Bronze is my fave color for hardware. I can't wait to see what you do with the chair. Lovely header, by the way!

Ashley Wray said...

I think I want to steal that vanity from Kristen! I love how that turned out, and the little cubbies for baskets at the bottom...brilliant! I sure hope you slept well, you got tons done!