I am happy to share that this blog was featured on
http://betterafter.blogspot.com/ (which I love, love) this week! What an honor, and I just noticed when I got on today that there are now 100 followers! Sweet! Thank you all for your support and encouragement...it means so much to me!
Okay, so I am almost finished with this piece (my life story) but I couldn't wait another minute to post the progress. Here is the before shot below. Honestly this picture does not even begin to show the grime that I had to scrub off this baby, not to mention the mouse crap...yuck! Anyway, after scrubbing and cleaning and filling in nail holes and then of course some sanding...

and some painting inside with some more $5 Valspar paint from Lowes "oops" shelf, I came up with this design to go in my little boys bedroom.

Oh man did we need the extra storage and now I am that much closer to finishing their bedroom makeover. Baby steps I tell you. I used a stencil for the door pattern and then sanded ever so slightly and applied a brown glaze over the gray and blue paint when it was dry. And finally I replaced the old hardware with some cottagy kind I had in my stash at home.

Well, that's it for now! Next week I hope to have a couple projects done for you...you guys are going to flip when you see what I picked up for $5 at a yard sale last week!
3 comments:
The cabinet turned out great. I love the scroll work you did.
Brenda
It turned out sooo cute! I knew you could make it beautiful!!
Love! So darling and perfectly "aged." That will make some great storage in the boys room, can't wait to see all your other transformations.
Post a Comment