I found this desk a couple weeks ago at a local yard sale. The paint job was a little much for my liking and I hated the wooden block pulls. Needless to say I am almost done with it (still needs some touch up paint and a protective coat) and am loving the transformation (hope you do too)! So here goes...

After scuffing it up some I primed it and painted it yellow (of course I did I can't get enough of that color lately!) Then I had every intention of covering the drawer faces with scrapbooking paper but just couldn't commit to it so instead I filled the holes in from the old pulls and did some hand painting...

I decided to have a little fun and paint the words "This", "That", and "The Other" on the drawers...love that saying. Once again I apologize for the bad pics. I took these late at night in my workshop (terrible lighting) with a crappy camera. Anyhow, click on the pics to enlarge them a bit and you might get a better view.

I ended up painting the flowers for some whimsey and to soften the overwhelming yellow a bit. Then, I drilled new holes for some more appropriate hardware. So much better! I think this would be so charming in a girls room :) and so I am calling it my "creative station" Doesn't it just make you want to get craftin?

Well, unfortunately I don't have a little girl so (one can only hope) this one is going up for sale!
Please feel free to email me with any questions about it at
lemonsqueezing@gmail.com. As always thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous friday!
SOLD!!!
3 comments:
Darling! Love the flowers and the mix of colors. Let's plan on garage saling next weekend!
You are amazingly gifted....
Very creative!!
Post a Comment