My good friend Jamee called me about this piece she saw at a yard sale a couple weeks back. Since I was near it I stopped by and was glad I did! Even though it looks pretty sorry, it has HUGE potential and is very sturdy! I paid a whopping $5 for it and even had it delivered to my door. It doesn't get much better than that!

In the mean time, I will continually be scraping off the veneer (not my fave). It's going to be a job and the only motivating factor is that when it is off I can begin the transformation process! This one is going to be hard to let go...still haven't decided if I will.

I also picked up this little stool/step for $2 at an estate sale and though I do not have a before photo just imagine weathered boards with rusty nails and you've got it. I scrubbed it good and gave it a white wash look then stenciled the crown and words "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON", definitely words for a mother of only boys to live by ;)

Did I mention this is going in my bathroom to help my little ones reach the sink. I figure when I am cleaning up their mess the saying will help :) Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Fathers Day! I am fortunate enough to have a great dad and be married to one who both support me in all my craziness. Well, that's it for now. Hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
Cute, as usual!
You've done some great projects! What a great deal on the desk. When you get things that look that bad it is such a thrill to transform them into something beautiful!
Post a Comment