Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pleasures on the Patio :)

Those of you following this blog know that I have been working on my covered patio for the last few weeks. Well, it's not finished, not really even close but everything I have used so far as been salvaged or repurposed and because of that I love the process all the more even if it does take longer at times! Today I finished some "outdoor lighting" I will be using in the conversation area. Here's a picture of the chandelier I paid $1 for at a yard sale.


Here it is after I added some paint, hanging! I am going to use white pillar candles in it.



And here's a photo of things starting to come together. The bird cage ($4 thrift find) I painted and put battery operated candles inside (another outdoor lighting feature I will be using) and the coffee table ($4 thrift find) is now painted and holds square pots I found from Family Dollar. I love how the flowers are coming along. The blue end table/plant stand I built from odds and ends I had from other projects and the red sofa I also purchased at a thrift for $40 last summer. I still need to complete two chairs for the conversation area and I may also be using a cabinet to store balls/bats and other outdoor recreational items. My twin sister is coming to visit from the south and will be here the whole month of June...needless to say there is no telling what I may (or may not) get accomplished once she gets here Monday but for now this will have to suffice :) Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Creative Raisins said...

Beautiful piece, your patio looks very cozy and inviting