Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Easy Peasy Frame Revamp

I picked up this heavy silver frame at the thrift store last week for a whopping fifty cents. Other than a few dings and scratches I thought it was beautiful the way it was...but after looking at it for a couple of days, I decided to dress it up a bit. Here's what I did: Cut out one side of scrapbook paper ( I just eyeballed this one till I got it right) and then used it as my pattern for the other three sides. Then, I coated each piece evenly with a generous amount of mod podge. Once each side was done I coated the top surface as well.Soooo easy and I just love how this turned out with one of my little guys faces inside!

8 comments:

Katie said...

ooo...You know me too well! I do love it!!Can I buy this frame from you!? I want..no I need that frame!! Where do you get your scrap book paper!?

Adele said...

Wow.. Cute!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Oh that looks awesome! I love it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That turned out great and I love the paper that you used!

Jane B. said...

I love this project...thanks for sharing! Isn't scrap book paper just the best thing since sliced bread? Thanks for linkin' up to FF!

Lu said...

Wow! That scrapbook paper was made for that frame! Looks fab!

Dianna said...

I really like how your frame turned out. I like dressing frames up too.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

That's seriously beautiful. I had to look 3 times at it. Nice!

Thanks for linking it up to SNS!

FJ Donna