Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, January 25, 2010

Sneak Peeks!

Since projects sometimes take me a bit longer than I'd like them to I thought I would post pics of the things I have been working on the last week or so. First up is the ladder back dining chairs. I really have to thank my wonderful friend Jamie for this one who volunteered to drive them from Utah to me and ever since then I have been sanding, priming, painting, distressing (is there any other way with kids), and coating in polyurethane. It's a good thing I did most of the seat cushions weeks ago but those still need to be covered in scotch guard as well...sigh...almost there! What do you think so far? Oh yes, and I am sure you haven't forgotten about this chair...I am really close to finishing this one...just a bit more tucking, stapling, covering in scotch guard, refinishing the legs, and last but not least sewing the cushion. I am loving how it has turned out so far but a bit bummed I have to purchase new foam for the seat cushion...it simply could not be salvaged and I am learning the hard way just how expensive a little piece of foam can be. I'll post more about that later when it is all done. So...does this make you want to try reupholstering something? Honestly, after the process I have gone through with this thing all by myself I think I will wait a while before trying to tackle something like this again :)

5 comments:

Lu said...

so cute er! i thought you had different fabric for your black ladder back chair. Looks great as always!

Ericka said...

Thanks Lu! I do have different fabric...I am mixing different stuff together...hopefully they end up looking great together!

Adele said...

Those chairs are beautiful! I have really got to get brave and just do it! I'm so scared to try anything like reupholstering though!! Yours looks like its turning out so good!

Ashley Wray said...

Darling Ericka, seriously they both look amazing and like you have puts lots of work into them! Good luck finding the foam for the chair cushion, can't wait see the finished products!

e. said...

Ericka, I am so inspired by your projects! Seriously. Every time I see something you've restored or found, I want to grab my purse and hightail it to Goodwill. Keep it up because I need your ideas!