Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, January 18, 2010

Some recent finds and a quick floor makeover

I have been finding nothing lately at the thrift stores but accessories...which I love but I am getting a bit frustrated with the recent lack of furniture I've been seeing as I browse. Either way I thought I would post "some" of them just for fun. Some of the frames need paint but other than that I will have do do very little to these gems other than keep the breakables far from my little guy...he's proving to be very good at breaking things lately. Hmmm, maybe that's why I like accessory shopping at the thriftstores. :) This is the lovely lanoleum floor in the bottom of my linen closet which also doubles as a laundry shoot (can't live without that)! Now, if this was tile I would have been able to appreciate it a bit more everytime I threw dirt laundry down, or opened up the cabinet door for that matter but it's not...so...
I took a few minutes (yes that's all it took) to cover that ugly stuff up with this more neutral, modern, and free (left from the previous owners) vinyl squares in the basement storage room. I even used my scissors to cut them rather than a utility knife (yes, very professional, I know). If you haven't used these before and you don't have the $$$ for tile I highly recommend them. The installation is so easy because they can go right over your old floor (they come with an adhesive back) and are very inexpensive as well.

I may even enjoy opening this door now...right after I magic erase those nasty marks on the baseboards, gross! :)

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

So I found this blog not too long ago and I totally thought of you, not to mention the huge list of projects that my hubby has now :o)http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/ Check it out and tell me what you think!
Hugs!