Last week I began the process of making over my laundry/craft room. I have avoided this since we moved in for one reason...paneling. I guess I should be grateful that it's not everywhere else in the house as well. On one side of the room there is a large countertop surface with built in cabinetry. Since we moved in it has sort of been used as a desk at times and other times a place where junk collects itself :)...please make me feel better and tell me everyone has one of these places in their homes. Across the room is this beautiful closet you see below (insert laugh here). Gorgeous isn't it? That's what I was thinking :) Since we don't need the hanger space I decided to do this with it instead...

added lots of primer...

paint (in stripes, which I will never have the patience for again)...

And turned it into my own personal office space. I must emphasize that it is FAR from being completed. I still have trim to add around all the shelving you see, baseboards along the bottom, and some decorative touches as well as a light fixture hanging from above (lucky for me this will be easy with my dads help). Like I said, it is far from being completed but well on its way don't you think? The other side of the room...well that's a whole other project, not to worry I have already begun working on that as well I just need a break from painting paneling for a week or two :)
5 comments:
Looks very good, Ericka. You've got a great talent!
I love it! Our entire basement is paneling, someday I'll get the courage to tackle that, but for now we just hardly ever go down there :) Love the stripes, they add just the right amount of color!
The decorative boxes are really cute. Did you cover regular boxes with pretty paper?
I'm trying to fit all my craft stuff in my bedroom since the office is now Bailey's room. Or will be after I finish cleaning all the clutter. I'm excited to see your room finished! I'm loving the ideas so far!
Angela- they are plastic drawers I've had forever but wasn't using for anything and I used Mod Podge and fabric remnants to cover the front. Love the stuff!
I love it! Even though the paneling is hideous to begin with, I think it looks great painted. I love the stripes, but I agree... they are a PAIN to paint!
Post a Comment