Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Friday, January 8, 2010

Lovely.

A while ago, I began helping a friend with her home. One of her top priorities was her little girls bedroom. As you can see from the "before" shot below, it wasn't all that bad to begin with...it just needed those little touches that when combined transform a room. So, here's a little sneak peak at how things are coming along :) This was once a coffee table (a very unattractive one, I might add) that Melissa (my friend) picked up at a local thrift store and with help from her willing and able husband, created this bench to sit at the foot of the bed. Gorgeous, isn't it?!
We found this chandelier together at a consignment store for $5.00! With a little spray paint and some shades it looks perfect in the room...wish we would have taken some "before" shots of these...they truly are transformed from their prior state!

Hope you all enjoy these little pieces of eye candy as much as I do!

2 comments:

Lu said...

I love the bench and chandelier. The best thing is that the amazing 5 dollar chandelier can be moved to a different room and switched with different shades! What a great find!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Pretty :)