Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rustic Shelf

Need a shelf? Perhaps something a bit rustic?
(click on the photo to enlarge and see details)

I did...and this was my easy, inexpensive solution. I took this old, weathered 4x4 post that was sitting in our wood shed. Then I banged it up a bit more using a hammer and any other hand tool readily accessable. Finally, I covered three sides with an ebony stain. Very easy, very rustic, and best of all problem solved :) Now I get to play around with different objects resting above...my favorite part :)
(The picture below is the only "before" shot I took)
(sorry the pic is sideways...can't figure
out why it keeps rotating when I post)

9 comments:

Jaimee said...

Love it! You're so stink'n creative! If I only had a garage. Sniff... I've got tons of projects just waiting for me :o)

Lu said...

nice:]

Creations from my heart said...

Love the shelf. Thanks for visiting And your sweet comments about the engagement book. Hope to see you visit again.
Blessings….Sherry

Christina said...

Cute self, it looks great!

Magic Brush said...

I love making things looks older and less perfect! I think it's great!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

LOVE it. I have a 4x4 on my bedroom window sill with stamped lettering on it. I LOVE these things! LOL

Thanks for linking up to SNS!

FJ Donna

Charity said...

Great idea, I always love shelves. And we always have these boards laying around, so I know what I will be doing next time I want a shelf. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cha Cha

MegiJones said...

Ericka...wow! that's all i can say...wow...

Prior said...

very creative! I love to make decor with things I already have. Enjoyed your blog! Lezlee