Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, August 23, 2010

And then there was charm...

So, I picked this up after thinking about it all weekend (lucky for me it was still there) at a thrift this morning for $15. I really wanted to pay a little less but it was sturdy and in good shape for painting so I bought it. Then I gave it a good sand all over to scuff up the surface and a coat of spray primer followed by Krylons Bahama something ;) I'll have to look at the can again. Here it is drying outside.
Then of course, I had to do a little bit of distressing...it would look so cute with a cushion on it don't you think?
I think this piece would look so charming in a childs bedroom at the foot of the bed...here it is in my sons room (which is way too small for it, but you get the idea). I think I will save this one for the craft fair unless anyone wants it now :)
So, what do ya think? Charming, right? Hope you all have a great week!
(Just sold this one for $40)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Super cute! I wish I had a good thrift store nearby!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

It IS charming! great job, love the color. It fits perfectly at the end of the bed. :)
gail

Lu said...

so adorable. i also LOVE the color

Naomi said...

Sooo cute. I wish that I lived closer so that I could have some of your charming projects featured in my home! You're amazing my friend.