Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trying again...

Welll, it looks like I may be posting a few things here and there again afterall. I certainly don't plan to keep up as much as I used to but I am ready to give it a go again so to speak so here is one of the latest projects I have completed. It was a blow torched stained sofa from a thrift I found for $40 a while back. Sorry I don't have any "before" shots of this one but I ended up sanding the wood frame and painting it white in an exterior paint since it is going to be used outside on our covered patio. The cushions are in a red vinyl, which I kept for cost effectiveness and added some fun pillows to add some spunk. Total cost for this project was $50.00 and it is oh so cozy and comfortable :) Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Another beautiful project. Well done my friend! I sure wish that you lived closer... :-) I could use some of your inspiration and talent. Love from Texas.

Adele said...

Beautiful and I'm so glad you're back!

Jenny said...

gorgeous!

Leanne said...

I'm happy you are back! What a find! looks great!