The thought of selling some of my work has crossed my mind a time or two but today as I bought this beaut at a local thrift I knew I had no place for it in my home. At the same time it had too much potential to pass it by so home it came with me :)

Here's what it looked like when I got it home...its heavy and either pine or oak I believe...

I got to work doing the usual: sanding, priming, and painting, then a little scuffing again. I chose to use Krylons ivory satin finish again for that antique look.

Then I painted the coat hooks black (they were gold) and voila...there you have it. So...what a bout the middle you are asking? Well, here are my thoughts: there are so many possibilities with this and I didn't want to narrow them if someone wanted it customized so to speak. Some of my ideas are: hang vintage hats from the hooks and place it in an entry with a berry or twig wreathe hanging in the center cutout (perfect for an entry way), or I think it would look fabulous in a bathroom with towels hanging on either side with the words "BATH 10 Cents" painted in big black antique writing, or in a bedroom with the center handpainted in coordinating colors in a vintage floral or damask pattern, or even in a nursery with old or antique baby dresses layered on either hook with a small rod mounted in the center square displaying a quilt...like I said there are so many ways one could use this piece. So, with all that said if any of you are interested in purchasing this please let me know...for customization I will charge a little more but as is I am asking $65.00. If you want additional photos you can email me at
lemonsqueezing@gmail.com :) (first come first serve, thanks guys!) Oh and just so you know it measures 27 inches by 63 inches.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you are blogging again! That is adorable!
If I had $65 that would so be mine... but I don't... Beautiful though!
Hooray, you're blogging again! You have the best ideas. You totally inspire me!
I totally want that! too bad I have spent my budget already this month on the yard!
Post a Comment