After three layers of veneer had been stripped off and sanded (this part took forever)...
After a coat of primer, paint with a texturizing techinique, a little hand painting, stain, and some more sanding...oh and a spray coat of polyurethane :) Basically a ton of work!
I also ended up sanding the legs and edges a bit to give a lightly distressed finish and a good clean! Now I am just waiting for it all to dry! Total cost of this project: $15 (buffet) and lots of TIME! Yes, I ended up using paint and supplies I had on hand for this project. It was well worth the effort this time!
I'm linking this one up to http://www.domestically-speaking.blogspot.com/ for the "Power of Paint Party" and to http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/ for the "Furniture Feature Friday party"...hope I'm not too late :) Have a great week everyone, I think I'll go to bed early tonight.Ericka
8 comments:
looks good er. i want to see it in person. like the textured look
This is so beautiful Ericka, you are so talented!! :)
Gorgeous! You make me want to go garage-sale shopping looking for the potential in things. :)
That is gorgeous! Too bad you aren't selling that one :(
Gorgeous Ericka!!
Gorgeous! I love it! I have a very old antique dresser that has some sort of veneer on it, and I have been meaning to pull it off... but I'm not sure if it's veneer or if the wood is just very old.. Anyways... hope you have a great day! ~Andrea
What an amazing transformation! I love it. I want one.
Beautiful buffet! You did an excellent job! I found you over at Miss Mustard Seed and became a follower.
Post a Comment