Out with the old and in with the new, right? Here's what she looked like when I brought her home ($15 at a yard sale) Love the hardware on this one! I really love repurposing pieces for other uses and this would have looked great as a bathroom vanity or a kitchen island but instead I decided to stick with the buffet this time...only change it up a bit, of course :)

I had no idea how time consuming scraping the veneer layers off would be...here it is after most of it was gone, then came the sanding.

My inspiration...a piece of scrap book paper.

I primed all the surfaces with spray primer after sanding them. Then did a wash with some blue paint and some sponging for a bit of a textured look, and of course some free handing of the floral print from the scrap paper.

Here it is after being painted and wiped over with some ebony stain for a more antique look.

This is where I am now...still have the cabinet doors left to free hand and stain and then the top surface to paint and poly. As for the rest of it, I think I will just use some Old English and shine it up as much as possible. Hopefully I will be able to finish it within the week. I really can't wait to get this one moved into my living space! More pics to come of the completed buffet! Hope you like...I think this may just be my favorite project to date!
6 comments:
oh my! You've put a lot of work into this piece. It is going to be gorgeous! I love the bones of it to begin with.
free hand? oh my! so jealous!
gail
looks like way too much work for me! you are a workaholic! i know you too-you never stop for hours on end-i noticed the loaf of sara lee bread sitting on top of the buffet. glad you are atleast trying to sustain yourself during this project:] hee hee
You kill me Lu! Actually that was homemade bread inside that my friend dropped off during my "work time" :) But, when your kids are napping, the minutes are precious!
I am so excited to see this final project!!
I love the free hand!! you are amazing! I can't wait for "after" pictures!
Ericka, that looks awesome! Hope my homemade bread helped you get through...haha! Your free hand painting job really looks like the scrapbook paper. Can't wait to see the final result!
Post a Comment